Pilates offers an array of unique opportunities to enhance your physical, mental and spiritual journey. Unlike other workouts, it is a form of mindfulness movement. In today’s episode, Lindy Royer, a physical therapist, Pilates instructor, and Robin’s mentor and friend, shares her journey to knowing and practicing Pilates.
Robin and Lindy discuss brain power, reviving our brain through mindfulness, creating a positive space in Pilates, and the mechanics of pain. Join Robin and Lindy for unique insights into Lindy’s work and her experience as a mindful teacher and physical therapist.
Show Highlights: What await you in this episode!
- Lindy shares the story behind her
- Lindy discusses her divorce and how her life changed after years of alcohol abuse
- Pilates was reintroduced to Lindy during her rehabilitation, and she never looked back.
- Robin and Lindy discuss Pilates’ internal journey
- Lindy shares the benefits of incorporating Pilates into your daily routine
- We have the ability to rebuild the brain
- What is pain and what causes it
- The Importance of Learning Learning to listen to your body is important.
- How Pilates influenced Lindy’s life from the mat
Link to this episode:
Share this podcast episode!